Saturday, April 07, 2012

Journeys 4-8-12 Easter

The Confirmation kids will be providing the Journeys Article for the back of the Bulletin for the next several weeks. Enjoy the view of the world through seventh grade eyes: - Rev. Kelly


Carson Wiltfong:


When our Youth Group went on the mission trip to Denver last spring Pastor Kelly challenged every one of us to find a God sighting each day. One of the God sightings that I had that really stood out to me was when we were walking around downtown Denver and I saw a boy about my age maybe a little younger that appeared to be homeless pushing what looked like his father around in a wheelchair. When I saw this it made me really appreciate the many things that I have in my life and realize that God has blessed me. It also made me appreciate that I don’t have nearly as much pressure on myself as that kid did because he had to take care of himself and his father and survive on the streets.

While looking for the God sightings on the trip it helped me to be more positive and appreciative about things. What I think we all need to do is look for those God sightings in our community and we will become more positive about life. Another thing we need to do is create those God sightings because God calls us to be his hands and feet or like Pastor Kelly says the Donkey to bring Jesus to others. Without us being the donkey the word of God and his love will never spread.


Carson Wiltfong

No comments: