Thursday, April 12, 2012

Journeys 4-15-12 Dalton Lewis, Confirmation

I'm having the confirmation kids write the Journeys article for the next several weeks. So we get to see the world through seventh grade eyes! This week the article is from Dalton Lewis:

It is my turn to write the bulletin letter. The topic I choose was, “Why I want to become a member of the church.”


I want to become more spiritual and come closer to God. Being a member also brings you closer to the community. I think going to church brings a good feeling. If you think going to church is a waste of a Sunday, you are wrong. It makes the day better. When I get out of church I feel like a better person.


My family hasn’t gone to church steadily for a couple years. I don’t wont want to do that anymore. I want to grow spiritually and learn more about God. I don’t know a lot about God but I can learn.


I go to youth group and confirmation but I want more! I want to live like God, and try to be somewhat of a saint. My spiritual level is about a 3 out of ten. By the end of this year I want it to be an 8. My favorite part of church is communion because you are resembling a big event, “The Last Supper.”


My Grandma is my mentor for confirmation she is a great helper and supporter. She goes to church every Sunday, and is very spiritual. She teaches me a lot about the bible too. I didn’t know much about the bible but, I’m learning pretty fast. Another reason I want to become a member is, when people talk about the bible I will know what they are talking about. If you don’t go to church a lot like me right now don’t feel bad. You don’t have to go that much but I want to, so don’t feel pressured to go to church. That’s what my belief is.


Another reason I want to become a member is to make good dependable friends. If you are a member you know when church activities are. You can think of ideas that the church can do too. The other confirmands’s and I get confirmed on Mother’s Day and become full members of the church. That will be a great day.


By: Dalton

No comments: