Friday, March 23, 2012

Journeys 3-25-12 Tom Pfeiffer - 2012 Confirmation Class

God is everywhere, even though we can’t physically see him. He is always around us, protecting us and helping us. As I go through confirmation, I’m able to realize this more and more through many experiences.


This past Sunday, the confirmation class along with other church members prepared and served the evening meal at the Salvation Army in Grand Island. We had the responsibility of doing everything from making the spaghetti sauce to mopping the floors at the end. I helped by serving food and cleaning up after everyone had eaten, while others washed dishes and did other jobs.


As a constant flow of roughly 100 people made their way through the food line, many thoughts came to me. I realized how lucky many of us are just to have food on our table or a home to live in. I knew that God was the one who had been providing that for me these past years. He was the one giving me a bed to sleep in, a school for learning, and a family for support. I felt thankful that God has taken care of me.


I could see God elsewhere, too. I could see him working through us at the Salvation Army to help others with their needs. I could also see God in the gratefulness of the people we were serving.


My experience at the Salvation Army was definitely an excellent one. It was good to have the chance to serve others around our area and to learn something important that would help me understand everyday life better.


Thomas Pfeiffer


No comments: